445 Hutchinson Avenue, Suite 100 Columbus, Ohio 43235-8630
Phone: 614 436-2750 | Fax: 614 436-2865
A large percent of my practice consists of providing confidential fact-specific advisory opinions. I have authored over a thousand private advisory opinions on a range of subjects including:
- Formation of Ancillary Businesses
- Advertising Compliance
- Co-Counselling with out of state firms
- “Of Counsel” relationships
- Fee Disputes
- Consultation on Motions to Disqualify
- Allegations of Conflicts of Interest
- Obtaining informed consent in conflict situations
- Compliance with the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct
- Law Firm Breakups
- Sale of Law Practice
- Lateral Moves
- Withdrawing from Representation
- Attorney Client Privilege Issues
- Disposal of Unclaimed Client Files
- Subrogation Claims against funds held in attorney trust accounts
- OLAP and Mental Health Assistance
- Fee Contracts
- Recording Conversations
- Representation Adverse to a Former Client
- Legal Services Advertising and Marketing
- Confidentiality Issues
- Crime/Fraud Exceptions
- Client Misrepresentation/Duty to Court
- Duty to Report Another Lawyer’s Conduct
- Representing a Client with Diminished Capacities
- Client Fraud
- Judicial Conduct and/or grounds for recusal
Established in 1955, The Fellows support the research of the American Bar Foundation. Membership in The Fellows is limited to one third of one percent of lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction. Members are nominated by Fellows in their jurisdiction and elected by the Board of the American Bar Foundation.
Peer Voted 2012, 2016, and 2019 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” in Columbus for Ethics & Professional Responsibility Law.
Peer Voted 2010-Present for inclusion in Best Lawyers for Ethics & Professional Responsibility Law.
Peer Voted 2011- Present Top Lawyers in Columbus Business First.
Peer Voted 2012- Present Top Lawyers in Columbus CEO.
Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 5000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Capital University Law School, (1997-2000): Juris Doctor
Recipient: Deans Scholarship
Elected to Beta Court of the Order of the Curia National Honorary Legal Fraternity
Ohio University (1994-1996) Bachelor of Arts (Sociology / Criminology)
Graduated Cum Laude
Member: Alpha Kappa Delta International Honor’s Society
The Ohio State University (1991-1994) No Degree / Transferred to Ohio University
Member: Honors Program
I answer my own phone and if I am unavailable for any reason it is my policy to return calls within 24 business hours. Please give me a call